viernes, 24 de febrero de 2012

A Very Montreal Birthday Party



In case I haven’t stressed it enough: Montrealers are blessed with the number of amazing artisanal bakeries. Take my place, in the corner of Fairmount and Montreal: within 2 blocks in 4 directions I can shop at places like Guillaume (specialized in sourdough bread), Cérise sur le Gâteau (Croissants) or Fairmount Bagels, the legendary place where you can get hot bagels covered with sesame and baked in a wood fire oven 24 hours a day. Which is why I volunteered to bring all of the above to my Godson Eitan’s 1-year old birthday party.


His parents had already baked the cake: a Chocolate-Lemon Cream art piece signed Pierre Hermé, which in this case included a “mini me” version for Eitan alone: that is the tradition in Quebec, apparently. And Eitan got two very creamy items -which, as far as he was concerned, didn’t need to be edible- to explore with his hands and share with every molecule of his outfit. And the floor. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario